Mein Bild

Mein Bild Mein Bild Mein Bild Mein Bild Mein Bild Mein Bild Mein Bild Mein Bild Mein Bild Mein Bild
Serverstatus

Maple Leafs count on goalie Frederik

in Artikel 14.02.2019 08:05
von yudan18 | 20 Beiträge | 120 Punkte

TORONTO (AP) — Maple Leafs star Auston Matthews Jacob Markstrom Jersey , the NHL’s second-leading goal-scorer this season, is expected to miss at least four weeks because of an injured left shoulder.The 21-year-old center was placed on injured reserve Monday but will not need surgery. He was injured early in the second period Saturday during Toronto’s 3-2 victory over Winnipeg.“It’s part of the game,” he said. “I’m going to work as hard as I can to get back as soon as possible.”Based on a minimum four-week timeline, Matthews will miss at least 13 games, with his earliest possible return Nov. 26, when Boston plays at Toronto.Defenseman Jacob Trouba delivered a clean shoulder-to-shoulder check as Matthews tried to cut in front of the net. Matthews skated to the bench, favoring his left side before heading to the locker room.“I knew the guy was coming,” Matthews said. “(I was) trying to get a shot off Markus Granlund Jersey , but you don’t really know what to expect because you’re so close to the goalie. He took body, which is what you’re supposed to do, and just caught me on a weird angle.”This month, Matthews became the third player in NHL history with seven straight multipoint games to start a season. He has 10 goals, tied for second most in the league. He is tied for sixth with 16 pointsMatthews played all 82 games in his rookie season before sitting out 20 times in 2017-18 with various injuries.“You want to be out there so bad,” he said. “Watching the game is probably the worst part. (Not) being around your teammates, being a part of something, I think that’s kind of the hardest thing.”Coach Mike Babcock Michael Del Zotto Jersey , whose team was 8-3-0 entering Monday night’s game against Calgary, said he talked with Matthews about how best to deal with the setback.“Be around the group, do what you do, train real hard,” the coach said. “Be better when you come back than you were.”Matthews suffered the same injury to his right shoulder last February and missed 10 games — the third time he was out following back and concussion problems. Still, he finished second on the team in goals (34) and points (63).“He did a ton of work this summer on his shoulders to make sure he was a stronger,” Babcock said. “These things happen. It’s too bad for the kid and yet it’s an opportunity for someone on our team to play more. It’s an opportunity for us to dig in and continue to get better.”With Matthews out, No. 3 center Nazem Kadri has been reunited with wingers Mitch Marner and Patrick Marleau — a trio that had much success in the second half of last season.“My game doesn’t change Sam Gagner Jersey ,” Kadri said. “I’ve got to be responsible defensively and have that offensive flair, especially with the guys I’m playing with.”The newly formed line of John Tavares, Zach Hyman and Kasperi Kapanen rounds out Toronto’s top six forwards.The Maple Leafs are also without winger William Nylander, who was supposed to play alongside Matthews and Marleau. The restricted free agent is trying to work out a new contract.Babcock said that for now Toronto wouldn’t be calling up an extra forward from the American Hockey League.“Everyone’s got to pick up the slack,” Kadri said. “I don’t think it falls on the shoulders of one specific player. Collectively as a group everybody can do a little bit more. We have the depth to temporarily fix the situation.” RALEIGH, N.C. — The Carolina Hurricanes are in what seems like a rare position this week.They’re coming off a victory.It needs to become a habit.Article continues below ...“Winning is a lot more fun, isn’t it?” Hurricanes captain Justin Williams said. “We need to start something rolling here. We need to get it going soon.”The next opportunity for that comes against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday night at PNC Arena.The Maple Leafs have developed that winning feeling with a four-game winning streak that includes Monday night’s 4-2 comeback victory against the St. Louis Blues.“It was a four-line win and those are important,” Maple Leafs left winger Zach Hyman said.The Hurricanes haven’t been as consistent during the past few weeks Womens Devante Smith-Pelly Jersey , winning three of their last 10 games (3-5-2).Yet in an uneven performance Sunday against the New Jersey Devils, they came out on top. That was largely due to two goals in the opening 30 seconds.Carolina is 6-2-0 when scoring first.“We haven’t gotten the first goal as much as we would like this season,” center Jordan Staal said, noting the difference in that outing. “It wasn’t our best game, but I felt like we worked hard.”What the Hurricanes are counting on is that 2-1 result being a springboard to a stretch of better outcomes.“It’s good for us to play some close games like that to have some confidence later in the season,” Williams said.That’s something that Maple Leafs have latched on to.They’ve learned that that persistence can pay off.“Our team never gives up and that’s something special,” said Toronto right winger Mitch Marner. “This team shows no quit. That’s something that we need to keep going forward.”This marks the first meeting of the season between the Maple Leafs and Hurricanes.It could involve Carolina goalie Curtis McElhinney against his former team. McElhinney had gone through a long stretch of inactivity until posting his team-leading fourth victory Sunday.“You want to get back in there and feel the rhythm,” McElhinney said. “When you get an opportunity http://www.officialcanucks.com/authentic-adidas-sven-baertschi-jersey , you want to show you’re more than capable to help this team get wins.”The Hurricanes claimed McElhinney off waivers from the Maple Leafs right before the start of the regular season.Hurricanes coach Rod Brind’Amour said the matchup with Toronto comes with an obvious connection.“He wants to play every night,” Brind’Amour said while being cautious in committing to giving McElhinney this assignment.McElhinney has been used just twice since Oct. 20.Meanwhile, the Maple Leafs count on goalie Frederik Andersen.“He has been the MVP of this team,” said Marner, who has a team-high 28 points. “He expects himself to be the best every night. … He hasn’t been anything short of that.”Toronto center John Tavares has four of his team-best 13 goals in the last five games.The Hurricanes are led by Micheal Ferland’s 10 goals.This marks the fifth game in a six-game homestand for Carolina. The Maple Leafs will return to Raleigh on Dec. 11.

nach oben springen

Besucher
1 Mitglied und 4 Gäste sind Online:
liny195

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: coruscatemkt
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 24982 Themen und 29137 Beiträge.

Heute waren 7 Mitglieder Online:
ariessses, aubreygr, coruscatemkt, liny195, ownher, p9kll384, u9ahgga9

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen